The Two Gentlemen of Verona
Act 5, Scene 1
Milan. An abbey.
- Enter Eglamour.
Eglamour2 - 10
- The sun begins to gild the western sky,
- And now it is about the very hour
- That Silvia at Friar Patrick’s cell should meet me.
- She will not fail, for lovers break not hours,
- Unless it be to come before their time,
- So much they spur their expedition.
- See where she comes.
- Enter Silvia.
- Lady, a happy evening!
Silvia11 - 13
- Amen, amen! Go on, good Eglamour,
- Out at the postern by the abbey wall;
- I fear I am attended by some spies.
Eglamour14 - 15
- Fear not: the forest is not three leagues off;
- If we recover that, we are sure enough.