Timon of Athens
Act 5, Scene 3
The woods. A rude tomb near Timon’s cave.
- Enter a Soldier in the woods, seeking Timon. A rude tomb
Soldier3 - 13
- By all description this should be the place.
- Who’s here? Speak ho! No answer? What is this?
- “Timon is dead, who hath outstretch’d his span:
- Some beast read this; there does not live a man.”
- Dead, sure, and this his grave. What’s on this tomb
- I cannot read; the character I’ll take with wax;
- Our captain hath in every figure skill,
- An ag’d interpreter, though young in days.
- Before proud Athens he’s set down by this,
- Whose fall the mark of his ambition is.