Romeo and Juliet
Act IV, Scene 4
A hall in Capulet’s house.
- Enter lady of the house Lady Capulet and Nurse with herbs.
- Hold, take these keys and fetch more spices, nurse.
- They call for dates and quinces in the pastry.
- Enter old Capulet.
Capulet3 - 6
- Come, stir, stir, stir! The second cock hath crowed,
- The curfew-bell hath rung, ’tis three a’ clock.
- Look to the bak’d meats, good Angelica,
- Spare not for cost.
Nurse7 - 9
- Go, you cot-quean, go,
- Get you to bed. Faith, you’ll be sick tomorrow
- For this night’s watching.
Capulet10 - 11
- No, not a whit. What, I have watch’d ere now
- All night for lesser cause, and ne’er been sick.
Lady Capulet12 - 13
- Ay, you have been a mouse-hunt in your time,
- But I will watch you from such watching now.
- Exeunt Lady Capulet and Nurse.
Capulet14 - 15
- A jealous hood, a jealous hood!
- Enter three or four Servingmen with spits and logs and
- Now, fellow, what is there?
- Things for the cook, sir, but I know not what.
Capulet17 - 19
- Make haste, make haste.
- Exit First Servant.
- Sirrah, fetch drier logs.
- Call Peter, he will show thee where they are.
Second Servingman20 - 21
- I have a head, sir, that will find out logs,
- And never trouble Peter for the matter.
Capulet22 - 32
- Mass, and well said, a merry whoreson, ha!
- Thou shalt be logger-head.
- Exit Second Servant.
- Good faith, ’tis day.
- The County will be here with music straight,
- For so he said he would.
- Play music within.
- I hear him near.
- Nurse! Wife! What ho! What, nurse, I say!
- Enter Nurse.
- Go waken Juliet, go and trim her up,
- I’ll go and chat with Paris. Hie, make haste,
- Make haste, the bridegroom he is come already,
- Make haste, I say.