Henry VI, Pt. 2
Act 4, Scene 6
London. Cannon Street.
- Enter Jack Cade and the rest, and strikes his staff on
- London Stone.
Jack Cade3 - 7
- Now is Mortimer lord of this city. And here, sitting upon
- London Stone, I charge and command that, of the city’s cost,
- the pissing-conduit run nothing but claret wine this first
- year of our reign. And now henceforward it shall be treason
- for any that calls me other than Lord Mortimer.
- Enter a Rebel Soldier running.
- Jack Cade! Jack Cade!
- Knock him down there.
- They kill him.
Smith the Weaver12 - 13
- If this fellow be wise, he’ll never call ye Jack Cade more.
- I think he hath a very fair warning.
Dick the Butcher14
- My lord, there’s an army gather’d together in Smithfield.
Jack Cade15 - 17
- Come, then, let’s go fight with them. But first go and set
- London Bridge on fire, and if you can, burn down the Tower
- too. Come, let’s away.
- Exeunt omnes.