Act III, Scene 3
- Enter Sir Richard Ratcliffe with Halberds,
- carrying the nobles Rivers, Grey, and Vaughan
- to death at Pomfret.
- Come, bring forth the prisoners.
Rivers2 - 4
- Sir Richard Ratcliffe, let me tell thee this:
- Today shalt thou behold a subject die
- For truth, for duty, and for loyalty.
Grey5 - 6
- God bless the Prince from all the pack of you!
- A knot you are of damned blood-suckers.
- You live that shall cry woe for this hereafter.
- Dispatch, the limit of your lives is out.
Rivers9 - 14
- O Pomfret, Pomfret! O thou bloody prison!
- Fatal and ominous to noble peers!
- Within the guilty closure of thy walls
- Richard the Second here was hack’d to death;
- And for more slander to thy dismal seat,
- We give to thee our guiltless blood to drink.
Grey15 - 17
- Now Margaret’s curse is fall’n upon our heads,
- When she exclaim’d on Hastings, you, and I,
- For standing by when Richard stabb’d her son.
Rivers18 - 23
- Then curs’d she Richard, then curs’d she Buckingham,
- Then curs’d she Hastings. O, remember, God,
- To hear her prayer for them, as now for us!
- And for my sister and her princely sons,
- Be satisfied, dear God, with our true blood,
- Which, as thou know’st, unjustly must be spilt.
- Make haste, the hour of death is expiate.
Rivers25 - 26
- Come, Grey, come, Vaughan, let us here embrace.
- Farewell, until we meet again in heaven.