Two Noble Kinsmen
Act 1, Scene 5
Another part of a field before Thebes.
- Music. Enter the Queens with the hearses of their Knights in
- a funeral solemnity, etc.
All Queens3 - 13
- Urns and odors bring away,
- Vapors, sighs, darken the day;
- Our dole more deadly looks than dying;
- Balms, and gums, and heavy cheers,
- Sacred vials fill’d with tears,
- And clamors through the wild air flying!
- Come all sad and solemn shows,
- That are quick-ey’d pleasure’s foes!
- We convent nought else but woes:
- We convent, etc.
Third Queen14 - 15
- This funeral path brings to your household’s grave:
- Joy seize on you again! Peace sleep with him!
- And this to yours.
First Queen17 - 18
- Yours this way. Heavens lend
- A thousand differing ways to one sure end.
Third Queen19 - 20
- This world’s a city full of straying streets,
- And death’s the market-place, where each one meets.
- Exeunt severally.