Troilus and Cressida
Act 5, Scene 9
Another part of the plains.
- Sound retreat. Shout. Enter Agamemnon, Ajax, Menelaus,
- Nestor, Diomedes, and the rest, marching.
- Hark, hark, what shout is this?
- Peace, drums!
Myrmidons5 - 6
- Achilles! Achilles! Hector’s slain! Achilles!
- The bruit is, Hector’s slain, and by Achilles.
Ajax8 - 9
- If it be so, yet bragless let it be,
- Great Hector was as good a man as he.
Agamemnon10 - 13
- March patiently along; let one be sent
- To pray Achilles see us at our tent.
- If in his death the gods have us befriended,
- Great Troy is ours, and our sharp wars are ended.