Troilus and Cressida
Act 5, Scene 7
Another part of the plains.
- Enter Achilles with Myrmidons.
Achilles2 - 9
- Come here about me, you my Myrmidons,
- Mark what I say. Attend me where I wheel;
- Strike not a stroke, but keep yourselves in breath,
- And when I have the bloody Hector found,
- Empale him with your weapons round about,
- In fellest manner execute your arms.
- Follow me, sirs, and my proceedings eye,
- It is decreed Hector the great must die.
- Enter Thersites; Menelaus and Paris fighting.
Thersites12 - 14
- The cuckold and the cuckold-maker are at it. Now, bull! Now,
- dog! ’Loo, Paris, ’loo! Now my double-henn’d Spartan! ’Loo,
- Paris, ’loo! The bull has the game, ware horns ho!
- Exeunt Paris and Menelaus.
- Enter Bastard Margarelon.
- Turn, slave, and fight.
- What art thou?
- A bastard son of Priam’s.
Thersites20 - 25
- I am a bastard too, I love bastards. I am bastard begot,
- bastard instructed, bastard in mind, bastard in valor, in
- every thing illegitimate. One bear will not bite another,
- and wherefore should one bastard? Take heed, the quarrel’s
- most ominous to us. If the son of a whore fight for a whore,
- he tempts judgment. Farewell, bastard.
- The devil take thee, coward!