King Richard II
Act 5, Scene 4
A royal palace.
- Enter Sir Pierce Exton and his Servants.
Exton2 - 4
- Didst thou not mark the King, what words he spake?
- “Have I no friend will rid me of this living fear?”
- Was it not so?
Exton’s First Servant5
- These were his very words.
Exton6 - 7
- “Have I no friend?” quoth he. He spake it twice,
- And urg’d it twice together, did he not?
Exton’s Second Servant8
- He did.
Exton9 - 13
- And speaking it, he wishtly look’d on me
- As who should say, “I would thou wert the man
- That would divorce this terror from my heart”—
- Meaning the king at Pomfret. Come let’s go.
- I am the King’s friend, and will rid his foe.