As You Like It
Act 3, Scene 1
The Duke’s palace.
- Enter Duke Frederick, Lords, and Oliver.
Duke Frederick2 - 13
- Not see him since? Sir, sir, that cannot be.
- But were I not the better part made mercy,
- I should not seek an absent argument
- Of my revenge, thou present. But look to it:
- Find out thy brother, wheresoe’er he is;
- Seek him with candle; bring him dead or living
- Within this twelvemonth, or turn thou no more
- To seek a living in our territory.
- Thy lands and all things that thou dost call thine
- Worth seizure do we seize into our hands,
- Till thou canst quit thee by thy brother’s mouth
- Of what we think against thee.
Oliver14 - 15
- O that your Highness knew my heart in this!
- I never lov’d my brother in my life.
Duke Frederick16 - 19
- More villain thou. Well, push him out of doors,
- And let my officers of such a nature
- Make an extent upon his house and lands.
- Do this expediently, and turn him going.