Antony and Cleopatra
Act 4, Scene 7
Field of battle between the camps.
- Alarum. Drums and Trumpets. Enter Agrippa and others.
Agrippa2 - 4
- Retire, we have engag’d ourselves too far.
- Caesar himself has work, and our oppression
- Exceeds what we expected.
- Alarums. Enter Antony, and Scarus wounded.
Scarus7 - 9
- O my brave Emperor, this is fought indeed!
- Had we done so at first, we had droven them home
- With clouts about their heads.
- Thou bleed’st apace.
Scarus11 - 12
- I had a wound here that was like a T,
- But now ’tis made an H.
- Sound retreat far off.
- They do retire.
Scarus15 - 16
- We’ll beat ’em into bench-holes. I have yet
- Room for six scotches more.
- Enter Eros.
Eros18 - 19
- They are beaten, sir, and our advantage serves
- For a fair victory.
Scarus20 - 22
- Let us score their backs,
- And snatch ’em up, as we take hares, behind:
- ’Tis sport to maul a runner.
Mark Antony23 - 25
- I will reward thee
- Once for thy sprightly comfort, and tenfold
- For thy good valor. Come thee on.
- I’ll halt after.