Act II, Scene 2
Cyprus. A street.
- Enter Othello’s Herald with a proclamation; people
Herald1 - 10
- It is Othello’s pleasure, our noble and valiant general,
- that upon certain tidings now arriv’d, importing the mere
- perdition of the Turkish fleet, every man put himself into
- triumph; some to dance, some to make bonfires, each man to
- what sport and revels his addiction leads him; for besides
- these beneficial news, it is the celebration of his nuptial.
- So much was his pleasure should be proclaim’d. All offices
- are open, and there is full liberty of feasting from this
- present hour of five till the bell have told eleven. Heaven
- bless the isle of Cyprus and our noble general Othello!