Act V, Scene 3
- Alarums. Enter King John and Hubert.
- How goes the day with us? O, tell me, Hubert.
Hubert de Burgh2
- Badly, I fear. How fares your Majesty?
King John3 - 4
- This fever, that hath troubled me so long,
- Lies heavy on me. O, my heart is sick!
- Enter a Messenger.
The Messenger5 - 7
- My lord, your valiant kinsman, Faulconbridge,
- Desires your Majesty to leave the field,
- And send him word by me which way you go.
- Tell him toward Swinstead, to the abbey there.
The Messenger9 - 13
- Be of good comfort; for the great supply,
- That was expected by the Dauphin here,
Feb 23, 2019 MikoGoodwin Sands is a shallow portion of the North Sea near Kent England. It is notorious as the site of thousands of shipwrecks.
- This news was brought to Richard but even now.
- The French fight coldly, and retire themselves.
King John14 - 17
- Ay me, this tyrant fever burns me up,
- And will not let me welcome this good news.
- Set on toward Swinstead. To my litter straight,
- Weakness possesseth me, and I am faint.