Act V, Scene 2
Field of battle between the British and Roman camps.
- Enter Lucius, Jachimo, and the Roman army at one door, and
- the Britain army at another; Leonatus Posthumus following,
- like a poor soldier.
- They march over and go out.
- Then enter again, in skirmish, Jachimo and Posthumus.
- Posthumus vanquisheth and disarmeth Jachimo.
- Posthumus then leaves him.
Jachimo1 - 10
- The heaviness and guilt within my bosom
- Takes off my manhood. I have belied a lady,
- The Princess of this country; and the air on’t
- Revengingly enfeebles me, or could this carl,
- A very drudge of nature’s, have subdu’d me
- In my profession? Knighthoods and honors, borne
- As I wear mine, are titles but of scorn.
- If that thy gentry, Britain, go before
- This lout as he exceeds our lords, the odds
- Is that we scarce are men and you are gods.
- The battle continues, the Britains fly, Cymbeline is taken.
- Then enter, to his rescue, Belarius, Guiderius, and
Belarius11 - 13
- Stand, stand! We have th’ advantage of the ground,
- The lane is guarded. Nothing routs us but
- The villainy of our fears.
Both Arviragus and Guiderius14
- Stand, stand, and fight!
- Enter Posthumus and seconds the Britains.
- They rescue Cymbeline and exeunt.
- Then enter Lucius, Jachimo, and Imogen.
Caius Lucius15 - 17
- Away, boy, from the troops, and save thyself;
- For friends kill friends, and the disorder’s such
- As war were hoodwink’d.
- ’Tis their fresh supplies.
Caius Lucius19 - 20
- It is a day turn’d strangely. Or betimes
- Let’s reinforce, or fly.