As You Like It
Act 2, Scene 2
The Duke’s palace.
- Enter Duke Frederick with Lords.
Duke Frederick2 - 4
- Can it be possible that no man saw them?
- It cannot be. Some villains of my court
- Are of consent and sufferance in this.
First Lord at Court5 - 8
- I cannot hear of any that did see her.
- The ladies, her attendants of her chamber,
- Saw her a-bed, and in the morning early
- They found the bed untreasur’d of their mistress.
Second Lord at Court9 - 17
- My lord, the roynish clown, at whom so oft
- Your Grace was wont to laugh, is also missing.
- Hisperia, the princess’ gentlewoman,
- Confesses that she secretly o’erheard
- Your daughter and her cousin much commend
- The parts and graces of the wrestler
- That did but lately foil the sinowy Charles,
- And she believes, where ever they are gone,
- That youth is surely in their company.
Duke Frederick18 - 22
- Send to his brother; fetch that gallant hither.
- If he be absent, bring his brother to me;
- I’ll make him find him. Do this suddenly;
- And let not search and inquisition quail
- To bring again these foolish runaways.